Build Oracle RAC 188.8.131.52 on Oracle Solaris 11 11.11 using Oracle VirtualBox
In the article you will have a look at how to use some Oracle VirtualBox features to build two node Oracle 11gR2 184.108.40.206 RAC system on Oracle Solaris 11 11.11 x86-64. For information about a similar two node Oracle RAC 11.2 setup on Solaris 10 x86-64 using VirtualBox click here. The article will emphasize on the Solaris 11 management options and configurations required to meet Oracle 220.127.116.11 RAC installation prerequisites.
The following software will be used:
- Oracle 18.104.22.168 for Solaris (x86-64)- patch 10404530. Download from MOS here.
- Oracle Solaris 11 (x86-64). I used Oracle Solaris 11 11/11 Live Media for x86. Download from here.
Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.1.8 Download from here.
There will be two virtual machines Sol1 and Sol2, each of them will be configured with
- 4GB RAM
- 160GB bootable disk
- NIC – NAT: for access to Internet
- NIC – bridged for public interface in RAC with address 192.168.2.21/22 (first IP 192.168.2.21 on sol1 and second IP 192.168.2.22 on node sol2). These are public interface in RAC.
- NIC – bridged for private interface in RAC with address 10.10.2.21/22 (first IP 10.10.2.21 on sol1 and second IP 10.10.2.22 on node sol2). These are private interface in RAC.
- NIC – Host Only : for FTP/SSH/telnet/SCP access from the host OS to the guest OS. (first IP 192.168.56.51 on sol1 and second IP 192.168.56.51on node sol2).
- 5 10GB attached shared disks for the ASM storage.
- Sol1 VM will run Solaris 11 guest with hostname sol1. Sol2 VM will run Solaris 11 guest with hostname sol2.
Note. For access to the Guest OS (Solaris) from the Host (MS Windows Vista 64) via ssh/scp/telnet/ftp.