New Index enhancement in Oracle 12c Part 1 – Multiple indexes on the same set of columns
In the article you will have a look at the following new index feature in oracle 12c ‘Multiple indexes on the same set of columns’. Staring with Oracle 12c you are enabled to create multiple indexes on the same set of columns. The following different indexes can be created on the same set of columns.
- Index of different type. Bitmap index and B-tree index.
- Partitioned index and not partitioned index.
- Locally partitioned index and globally partitioned index.
- Indexes differing in partitioning range and hash.
- Indexes that have different uniqueness properties. You can have both unique and non-unique index on the same set of columns.